Thursday, April 3, 2014

Going Back to My Southern California Genealogical Society Jamboree Roots!


I am so excited and proud to announce that in June, I will be going back to where my genealogy journey began, nearly two decades ago, with the Southern California Genealogy Society (SCGS). Back then, their little Jamboree was in its infancy, but today it is a three-day long extravaganza with an additional day added on the front end dedicated solely to genetic genealogy. Yes, that sound is me, swooning.

I sometimes think that I am the luckiest girl in the genealogy world. You see, back in the mid-1990’s I had no idea that the place that I started my genealogy journey, the Southern California Genealogical Society’s Genealogy Library, in Burbank, California, was one of the best place in the world to begin. I was taught and nurtured by the most knowledgeable, caring, and insightful people that one could ever imagine. I can look back now and see that I was getting the equivalent of an Ivy-League, Genealogical Education. My teachers were the SCGS members and volunteers, who took me under their wings and taught me much of what I know today. I would not be the genealogist that I am now if I had not been “tutored” by everyone at SCGS for so many of my early years! 

So, today I am proud to announce that I am going “home” again.  Not only will I be going back to my genealogical “home,” at the SCGS Library, but that I will also be blogging to you from the 2014 Southern California Genealogy Society’s Genealogy Jamboree! Of course, between now and early June, I will be bringing you regular updates about the Jamboree in addition to my blog, just in case you might want head for Burbank, to join in the fun. And let me tell you, these people know how to have fun! After all, it is Southern California ( and Sheryl Crowe’s rendition of “All I Want To Do is Have Some Fun” is running through my mind as I write this...). The link is right here: www.genealogyjamboree.com

No comments:

Post a Comment